“But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.” ~ Acts 1:8
Global Impact is not just a mission’s program; missions is God’s command and it is our privilege to send and to go. We believe in a personal, face-to-face encounter with missions. Our families adopt our missionaries as their own. God has blessed Faith Promise giving and we pray for revival through local church missions. To learn more about the Global Impact program here at Blythewood Baptist Church
Thank you for being a part of Global Impact!
The purpose of this program is to get you and your family personally involved with worldwide missions. It is our desire to support the missionaries of Blythewood Baptist Church to the fullest extent. The prayer card included in the packet is the missionary family that you and your family are adopting. We want our missionaries to know that we are praying for them, and for any specific needs that they might have. The following list is a list of goals that need to be met on a yearly basis.
1) Twice a month- write, email, or send a card
2) Once a month- call and talk to them personally
3) Once every 3 months- send a small package
4) Once every 6-8 weeks- give a 5 minute report on Wednesday
It would be great if the whole family participates in Global Impact. The following list has ideas for getting your family involved while contacting your missionary family.
1) Ask your missionary family for a wish list
2) Ask for any specific prayer requests
3) Get the children to draw pictures and write letters
4) Bake something that will keep
5) Send birthday and anniversary cards
6) Ask them about things they cannot get in their country
7) Learn about the country that your missionary family is in
Pray for them!